Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, March 10, 2011

I'm a Grandma!

Well, finally on February 15th, 2011 at 7:46 a.m., I became a Grandma! The precious Logan Gabriel Hunter arrived weighing in at 7lbs. 4 oz. and was 18 1/2 inches long.



Becoming a Gram's was the most wonderful thing I've ever experienced...next to becoming a Mom. Then seeing my little girl holding her own bundle of love for the first time, was a moment I will never forget.



Now, most blogs are done by Mommy, to show off her baby or baby's as the case may be. But, I'm going to do one on what it's like to be a Grandma! I'm sure it will be as much fun and entertaining, after all, I get to do all the fun stuff and then send him home, lol.

                              Here I am holding Logan for the very first time.... what a feeling!




Logan doesn't realize it yet, but he's pretty lucky to have me for a Gram's! I've done day care for 27 years and am still doing it. So little does he know, I'm up on all the latest child fads, I have complete knowledge of what's cool on Nick jr., not to mention a monkey themed playroom full of toys! I know how to do a wide range of fun art projects as well as sneaking in learning, without the kids even knowing it :) I'm a master at freeze dance and Tony Chestnut! Of course, it's going to be awhile before we get to do all that stuff.



                                     Now I'll leave you with some random pics of the sweet,
                                             little man while he was still in the hospital





                      On March 1st, at 2 weeks old, Logan made his first visit to Grandma's house...

                              He got lots and LOTS of cuddle's and hugs from Grandma J...

                           Logan also met a few new friends, this is his friend Madeline Josephs


                                                      And another friend, Lauryn Fell



                          The girls were very excited to meet "Miss Jeanette's" new grand baby.
                                Soon it was time for Mommy and Logan to head home.
                                   Grandma, kissed him good-bye and told him I loved
                                            him very much and would see him soon.


Oh, and I did let Grandpa Rick love him up too!
We don't want anyone thinking I hogged him the entire time, lol



Just a few more pics to enjoy.....



I also get to see Logan a couple times a week via webcam. I love it when my daughter Sarah calls and say's Logan wants to talk to Grandma!! That just melts my heart. I could watch him for hours on end and never get tired. In just the last 3 weeks, he's changed and grown.

                                  Well thanks for stopping by and checking out the new page,
                                             along with the new Gram's & Grandbaby. 
                                                          We'll be back soon!

1 comment: